Sunday, May 24, 2015

Look! I've found Polish Food


In south Louisiana. your chances of finding Polish food is about the same chance of it snowing. It is very rare for it to snow. I've only seen it once in the last 6+ years of living here. And it didn't even stick to the ground.

On Saturday, I had a random idea to go into Big Lots to check out their food inventory. They always have a random assortment of international foods and I was looking for cherry jam to make fruit filled pierogis for this weekend. I really didn't want to pay $7 for a jar at World Market, where I usually get my "Polish food". Unbeknownst to me, Big Lots had all of these Polish cookies and jams and at a ridiculously cheap price. I paid about $12 for all of this.

It was nice to remind Smalls that we had bought these cookies for her in Poland. But she is in this "reject all things Poland" phase, so she said she didn't really care about it, but notice the package in front. It's empty. Smalls devoured those cookies.

Do you have a favorite grocery store where you get your Polish food?

No comments:

Post a Comment