Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Another Great Book to Build Your Toolbox

Lately, I have been reading a new book, Adoption Parenting: Creating a Toolbox, Building Connections. It is a great book that has a little bit information on a lot of different adoption topics. If you are in the process of adoption and want to know more about adoption issues, this book gives a great overview on a variety of topics. This book is a good resource with stories from adoptive families. And like the title says "Creating a Toolbox, Building Connections", this book will give you some ideas on how to deal with certain behaviors or book references that deal with a specific issue to help the adoptive parent bond with their child.

I have been reading a ton of books lately. I don't know if I am just trying to figure my child out or just become more knowledgeable on the subject as a whole. But reading has been a great tool for me with trying to bond with my daughter. I have read a lot before we adopted our daughter, but now I am re-reading and finding new books to read about adopted children and building connections. Reading all these books now that we have adopted our daughter has helped me to have compassion and love for her-I couldn't say that 3 months ago! Learning how to live with her and helping her through this transition in her life has not been the easiest-I bet every adoptive family could say that. Although, I'm still a "newbie" in the adoption world, I feel better prepared to handle adoption issues in the future, of course each adoption is different.

What have you been reading lately, whether you have adopted or in the process to adopt? What books do you find most helpful or have a lot of good information? What book has prepared you the most?

No comments:

Post a Comment