Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Homemade: McAlister's Sweet Tea

I love, love sweet tea. I grew up in Mississippi where sweet tea was literally at every restaurant. In New Orleans it is hard to find a great place that makes it (if they make it at all) except for McAlister's or Chick Fil A. My favorite (insert sarcasm) when you order sweet tea at a restaurant, the waitress/waiter says, "I'm sorry we have unsweetened tea and I can bring you some sugar". Ummm.... NO! That is NOT sweet tea and I don't want your sugar. The sugar doesn't even dissolve in the ice. Ok, so maybe I'm getting a little over worked up over a drink. Any of you sweet tea fanatics out there? I bet you understand.

For one gallon of McAlister's sweet tea is $5.99! Wow! And between the 3 us, we drink about a 2 gallons a week. We could potentially spend $12 a week on tea if we bought it from there. So I have searched the ENTIRE internet to find the perfect sweet tea recipe. And for my critics, yes, we do drink water throughout the week and we all are not over weight.

Sweet Tea Recipe:
Boil 2 quarts of water and set aside. Put 2 family sized tea bags in the boiled water, cover, and let sit for 30 minutes. Add 1 cup of sugar. Stir until the sugar is dissolved. Pour into a gallon pitcher. Then fill the rest of the pitcher with cold water (2 quarts of cold water).

Easy as that! And you have great sweet tea. Sweet tea is so much cheaper than buying cokes or pop or whatever you call those carbonated drinks.


2 comments:

  1. I just want you to know I came specifically to your blog to find this recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! Thank you so much! You will not be disappointed with this recipe.

    ReplyDelete